Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

July 1, 2007

30 Years


Today is my parents 30th Wedding Anniversary! I am sure Padre is going to be taking her to Red Lobster and a movie. That is what she was hoping for when I last talked to her. Mom was only 17 when married and dad was 20. Soon after marriage Robin came, then me, and of course the baby Chuck!! We started out in this little house, I can't see it being 1,000 square feet. But we made do. We had an awesome back yard and great screened in porch. Then in 1999 we moved to a much much bigger house on Main Street. I often wonder how we would have done it on Grove Street with us girls married, twin grandboys, and more on the way? It would have been tight during holidays and get togethers. But mom and dad always made it work for us. We never felt like we didn't have nice things and we were able to do alot of things that other kids could do too. I think that Robin, Travis and I were popular in school. We all had lots of friends and did well with academics. I am hoping mom and dad are proud.
I need to remember to call them today at the camp grounds and wish them a happy anniversary!

No comments: